Vincent is a corporate lawyer specialising in corporate commercial, business restructuring and non-contentious employment law matters. He has advised corporate clients on local and cross-border transactions including mergers and acquisitions, business restructuring and re-organisations, joint ventures, corporate governance and compliance matters, and charity formation and governance.
He has also regularly advised clients on a broad range of employment law issues from executive compensation and workplace safety policies, employment contracts, employee rewards and incentive plans, employee terminations and data protection and privacy policies.
Vincent graduated from the University of Sydney with a double degree in Commerce (majoring in Economics) and Law and is admitted to the Singapore Bar. He is the recipient of the Tomonari Akaha Memorial Prize in 2010 for excellence in the law module “Equity”.
Vincent’s key experience includes:
- Advised NTUC Income in its acquisition of Elpis Financial Pte Ltd and Financial Dynamics Pte Ltd, both of which were independent licensed financial advisory firms. These acquisitions marked NTUC Income’s entry into the financial advisory industry in Singapore.
- Advised an Indonesian e-commerce company on its acquisition by a leading on-demand transportation and mobile payments platform in Southeast Asia.
- Advised a Malaysian technology company to perform legal due diligence on several of its Singapore subsidiaries before its proposed listing on the LEAP Market of Bursa Malaysia Securities Berhad. This is the first ever listing on the LEAP Market.
- Advised a German multinational software corporation in an internal restructuring of its global entities, including Singapore incorporated subsidiaries, following the acquisition of a global enterprise software company in a deal worth US$2.4billion.
- Advised the Worleys Group on the corporate re-organisation of its Singapore operations following the acquisition of the energy, chemicals and resources division of Jacobs Engineering Group for US$3.2billion.
- Advised on regulatory and employment law issues regarding the setting up of a flexible legal offering in Singapore for a prominent international law firm.
- Advised a Qatari based conglomerate in relation to the termination of several key employees in its Singapore subsidiary.
- Advised and drafted documentation to multinational companies in a range of industries regarding the adoption of various types of employee incentive schemes such as restricted stock units, share options and cash incentive plans.